Call for Track Proposals
You can find the invitation and instructions for call for track proposals here: Invitation (pdf).
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS AND FORMATS:
1. Prepare the track proposal using the template available here: GDocs template.
2. email your proposal to Robert Krimmer – firstname.lastname@example.org
The submission of your track proposal should be based on the above template, including:
- The title of the track
- Track chairs (multiple track chairs are encouraged to attract more submissions, cover diverse aspects and ensure attendance during meetings and conference)
- Summary of track goals and motivation, including a list of topics.
- Evidence of track chairs’ effort or research in the proposed area.
Track Proposal Submission and Decision Deadlines:
August 15 2022: Track proposals due
August 22, 2022: Acceptance notification for tracks
September 1, 2022: First call for papers for all tracks
Track chair eligibility: At the time of track proposal, the chairs should be reminded for the following eligibility criteria to be accepted as a track.
- Track chairs should be a member of the DGS at the point of acceptance.
- You can only be a track chair in one track.
The track chairs are responsible for the following conference organization activities:
- attend the online monthly organization meetings
- monitor the submitted track papers and to oversee the review of the submitted papers
- propose to accept/reject papers for the track
- select and nominate the best paper in their respective track for the best paper award
- communicate with the Program Committee (PC) and Organization chairs of the paper submission and selection status
- plan track sessions to support PC chairs, and assign the session chairs of the track
- write a brief summary of the conference activity for the track for inclusion in the dgs newsletter.
- register and attend the conference
- identify good/best papers to be submitted to the GIQ dg.o special issue (organized by the program chairs) or to a special issue for other affiliated journals (organized by track chairs).