The Digital Government Society was formed in 2006 to serve the interests of a community of scholars and managers interested in the development and impacts of digital government. It is built on a foundation made possible by the US National Science Foundation Digital Government Research Program which sponsors research and community building at the intersections of computer and information science, social and behavioral sciences, and the needs and problems of government. Membership is open to all interested people and organizations.
The Digital Government Society (DGS) develops and supports interdisciplinary research about digital government amongst the international research community by advancing and disseminating academic and practice-based relevant knowledge and building international networks.
The society welcomes members from all sectors, endorses diverse, multi-, and interdisciplinary research undertakings relevant to both theory and practice, and strongly encourages practitioner-researcher exchanges at local, regional, national, and international levels.
To be the leading global community for advancing digital government research.
- Quality: Be known for the quality of the research DGS supports and disseminates.
- Relevance: Commit to address problems that help advance research and are significant to practitioners.
- Inclusion: Support new and emerging researchers, particularly from developing and transitional countries, regardless of their gender, age, race, religion or cultural background.
- Collaboration: Seek alliances with other scientific associations as well as with local communities in order to further the mission of DGS and of digital government.
- Integrity: Build trust through responsible actions and honest relationships with both scholars and practitioners.
- Student Support
- Journal Relations
- Linking Research and Government Management
About the Society Logo
The Digital Government Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, registered in the state of California. Our Employer Identification Number is 68-0642523. Our ID number in the California Attorney General’s Registry of Charitable Trusts is CT0148189. Our corporate ID number, assigned by the Office of the Secretary of State of California, and used to register our status as a charitable organization, is 2925410.