he Digital Government Society was formed in 2006 to serve the interests of a community of scholars and managers interested in the development and impacts of digital government. It is built on a foundation made possible by the US National Science Foundation Digital Government Research Program which sponsors research and community building at the intersections of computer and information science, social and behavioral sciences, and the needs and problems of government. Membership is open to all interested people and organizations.
The Digital Government Society (DGS) is a global, multi-disciplinary organization of scholars and practitioners interested in the development and impacts of digital government. Digital government fosters the use of information and technology to support and improve public policies and government operations, engage citizens, and provide comprehensive and timely government services. DGS equips its members with a professional support network focused on both scholarship and effective practices that nurture technical, social, and organizational transformation in the public sector.
The society welcomes members from all sectors, endorses diverse, multi-, and interdisciplinary research undertakings relevant to both theory and practice, and strongly encourages practitioner-researcher exchanges at local, regional, national, and international levels.
- President – Soon Ae Chun, City University of New York, College of Staten Island, USA
- President elect – Sehl Mellouli, University of Laval, Quebec City, Canada
- Secretary – Natalie Helbig, NY State Department of Health, USA
- Treasurer – Andrea Kavanaugh, Virginia Tech, USA
- Past President – Theresa Pardo, University at Albany, State University of New York, USA
- Chris Hinnant, Florida State University, USA
- Karen Mossberger, Arizona State University, USA
- Lukasz Porwol, National University of Irland Galway, Ireland
- Scott Robertson, University of Hawaii, USA
- Rodrigo Sandoval, Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Mexico, Mexico
- Jing Zhang, Clark University, USA
- Student Support
- Journal Relations
- Linking Research and Government Management
About the Society Logo
The Digital Government Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, registered in the state of California. Our Employer Identification Number is 68-0642523. Our ID number in the California Attorney General’s Registry of Charitable Trusts is CT0148189. Our corporate ID number, assigned by the Office of the Secretary of State of California, and used to register our status as a charitable organization, is 2925410.