Call for Nominations: DGS 2021 Distinguished Service Award
The Digital Government Society seeks nominations for candidates for the DGS 2021 Distinguished Service Award. This award will be conferred at the annual conference of the DGS in June 2021.
The DGS Distinguished Service award was created to recognize one individual each year for extraordinary service to the digital government scholarly community. Areas of service could include, but are not limited to: service to the Digital Government Society and/or other scholarly societies; conference organization; representation of DGS in other organizations, including academic, government and community organizations; or influential service to a government agency, resulting in positive effects on the field of digital government. Nominators should submit the following nominating information:
- Candidate’s Name (first, middle initial, last), Contact Information (including email address), and Affiliation.
- A letter of nomination from the nominator providing the following information:
- Record of Service: List up to five principal positions of service to DGS or the digital government community, and briefly describe the primary responsibilities for each position.
- Other relevant information: additional information related to the service contributions of the candidate.
- At least one other letter of reference endorsing the nomination and providing information regarding the service contributions of the nominee.
- Proposed Citation: to appear on the award certificate — citation should begin “For contributions to the field of digital government through sustained service …” followed by a phrase of not more than 20 carefully edited words that reflect this candidate’s demonstrated service to the community
- Nominators may submit one nomination; both nominators and nominees must be DGS members.
- The nomination deadline is March 29, 2021.
Please submit your nomination materials by March 29, 2021 to DGS Awards Committee Chair Teresa Harrison, tharrison at albany.edu