Call for Nominations: DGS Fellows Award 2022
The Digital Government Society will honor yearly up to two members as DGS Fellows to celebrate their distinguished scholarly achievements and sustained accomplishments and contributions to digital government as a field of study. Please consider nominating a worthy colleague for this award by November 30, 2021.
Eligibility of Nominating Member and Nominees:
- Nominators must be members of DGS; awardees must be members of DGS to accept the award.
- Only one nomination per nominator.
- Self-nomination is allowed (see below).
- Any individual may be nominated, including recipients of the DGS Distinguished Service Award (but not in the same year).
- Substantial scholarly contributions to the field of digital government broadly construed and/or significant IT government experience with evidence of sufficiently broad interests in digital government contexts. Examples of evidence of these achievements include: sustained scholarly contributions through publications, dissemination of research and development results, curriculum design in digital government, and government practice.
- Demonstrated concern for the advancement of the digital government field, usually by authoring published material and/or by selection as a leader of professional societies related to digital government.
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards for research and the use of IT in public management contexts.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to the research and practice work of the DG Society.
- Current DGS membership is required to accept the DGS Fellows honor.
Option 1: Nominator initiates a nomination to the Awards Committee
- Nominator sends a letter of nomination that addresses each of the selection criteria to the Award Committee by November 30
- Nominator obtains 2 letters of endorsement that address the selection criteria and sends to the Award Committee by November 30
- Awards Committee may solicit further documents from the nominee
Option 2: Self-Nomination
- Self-nominators send the following documents to the Award Committee:
- A letter of self-nomination addressing selection criteria and CV
- 3 letters of endorsement from endorsers sent directly to the Award Committee
The process for awards decisions in 2022 will take place according to the following schedule:
- Nomination deadline: November 30, 2021
- Document review: December 2021 – January 2022
- Awards Committee recommendations and DGS Board decision: February 2022
- Awards Ceremony: dg.o Conference June, 2022