Call for Nominations
2022-2023 Board of the Digital Government Society
The Digital Government Society Nominating Committee is preparing the elections for the 2022-2023 Board of the Society. The Committee invites you to run for the following open positions:
- 6 Board Members
Any DGS active member is eligible to nominate at most 1 candidate. Self-nominations are welcome. At the time of nomination, you should provide the following information of the nominees.
- Nominee’s Full Name
- Terms served in the DGS board (if the candidate has served the DGS board before), and their previous records in participation in the DGS board meetings, contributions, etc.
- Your name, title, and affiliation
- Evidence of nominee’s acceptance of the nomination (an email or letter of confirmation that agrees to serve on the nominated position, if elected, will be sufficient.)
- Justification or rationale for the candidate’s qualification (optional)
The nominating person will let the nominee know that the nominees will submit the following, upon the nominating committee’s invitation after the nominee evaluation process:
- A low resolution photo,
- A one-paragraph biographical profile (will be provided to all DGS members, 200 words max),
- A one-paragraph statement explaining your vision of the position, committees where you want to get involved, as well as your motives to run for it (will be provided to all DGS members, and published on the DGS website, 200 words max).
- Oct 10, 2021: Deadline for submitting nominations
- Oct 15, 2021: The Secretary shall notify the Society Members of the nominations, and at the same time request additional nominations.
- Nov 10, 2021: Additional nominations, supported by at least three Society Members, may be submitted. Evidence must be presented that the nominee will serve if elected. If there is more than one nominee for any position, the Secretary shall prepare ballots for that position
- Nov 15, 2021: An online voting process, open to Members in good standing, will commence.
- Dec 15, 2021: Last day of voting
- Dec 16, 2021: Announce the results of the election. A majority vote of the ballots received by the fifteenth of December shall determine the results of such contests.
- Jan 1, 2022: Those elected shall take office.
Please submit the nomination materials and nominee dossier via email to: email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact any of the Nominating committee members below.
We look forward to your nominations.
Nominating Committee Members:
cc: 2020-2021 DGS Board Officers
Luis F. Luna-Reyes, President
Marijn Janssen, President-Elect
Sehl Mellouli, Past President
Andrea Kavanaugh, Treasurer
Lukasz Porwol, Secretary