Updates on dg.o 2020 related to the COVID-19 (Corona Virus)
As of March 11, 2020, due to the rapid development of COVID-19, the face-to-face meetings in DG.O 2020 conference in Seoul are canceled and the conference will be held online as a virtual conference.
The detailed information on the virtual conference will be released within the next weeks.
The DGS Board and the dg.o 2020 organization committee have been actively monitoring developments related to COVID-19 and considering several alternative paths of action for our annual conference. The WHO announced the COVID-19 as a pandemic case as of Mar 11, 2020 and given the current circumstances, we have decided to hold the dg.o 2020 conference fully online.
The safety and well-being of all conference participants is our priority. We are following updates on the situation from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). We urge all attendees to keep informed on the risks, precautions, and symptoms. Learn more about COVID-19 through the Whorld Health Organiozation and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention .
The dg.o 2020 organization team and the DGS board have the following guidelines for the authors and prospective participants.
- For the authors:
- The submissions will follow the original timeline;
- The accepted papers, posters and other applicable submissions will be published in the dg.o 2020 proceedings;
- At least one of the authors of accepted papers will have to register for the conference to have their papers to be published in the proceedings. The revised registration fees will be announced; and
- The Virtual Conference presentations: the details will be announced.
- For the participants:
- The details on registration and participation in the virtual conference will be provided
We are exploring options for our online meetings that will allow for interactions and feedback to your work and produce opportunities to interact with other colleagues and the audience. We will decide the final details in the following weeks and continue to be in touch with you with any updates.