DG Society Awards
The DGS Distinguished Service award was created to recognize one individual each year for extraordinary service to the DGS community. Areas of service could include, but are not limited to: society service, conference organization, representation of DGS in other organizations, including academic, government and community organizations, or influential service as a government agency, resulting in positive effects on the field of Digital Government. Prior 2016, a special service award was given in 2011. Nominees must be current members of the DGS. Visit the nomination and selection process page for details.
Sharon S. Dawes Larry Brandt
Each year at the conference we select the best research paper, best policy paper, best demo/poster.
The award committee is selected including PC Chairs in the selection process.
- Full research track: "The Internet and Autocracy: Unpacking the Effects of Internet Freedom"
- Management Paper track: "Open Data Policy Innovation Diffusion: An Analysis of Australian Federal and State Governments"
"Building Smart Governments or Supporting Industries? Study on the Local Activity Designs of Smart City Pilot Projects in China"
- Full research track: Niharika Sachdeva and Ponnurangam Kumaraguru, "Social Networks for Police and Residents in India: Exploring Online Communication for Crime Prevention"
- Short papers track: David Valle-Cruz, Rodrigo Sandoval-Almazan, and J. Ramon Gil-Garcia, "The Effects of Technology Use on Efficiency, Transparency, and Corruption in Municipal Governments: Preliminary Results from a Citizen Perspective"
- Poster: Catherine Dumas, “E-petitioning: Exploring Citizen’s Contributions to the Policy Making Process”
Each year the DGS supports qualified Ph.D students to attend the Ph.D Colloquium through Valerie Gregg Scholarship Funds.
Student Support committee works with the DGS board for selecting candidate students for the awards.
2016 Award Recipients
- Heyseoung Jo, University at Albany, USA
- David Valle-Cruz, Autonomous University of the State of Mexico
- Cancan Wang, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Nic DePaula, University at Albany, USA
- Kyung Ryul Park, London School of Economic and Political Science (LSE)
2015 Award Recipients
- Adrian Brown, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
- David Valle Cruz, Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México, Mexico
- Catherine Dumas, University at Albany/SUNY, USA
- Loni Hagen, University at Albany/SUNY, USA
- Beatriz Barreto Brasileiro Lanz, Universidade Federal Paraná, Brazil
- Tanya Kelley, Arizona State University, USA
- Dedy Permadi, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Basanta Thapa, University of Potsdam, Germany